What are dermal fillers?
What are they?
Dermal fillers are a multi-functioning treatment used to add volume or shape to areas of the face, such as the lips of cheeks.
They are often made from hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring sugar in a our bodies.
How do fillers work?
The hyaluronic acid is a clear, sterile gel, the tis injected under the skin.
It works by attracting and binding with water, providing volume and hydration's s well as supporting collagen and elastin fibres.
What do they treat?
Dermal fillers can be used in different areas:
- To enhance facial features; cheeks, temples, jawline, nose and chin
- To define and enhance lips
- To soften facial lines or folds
- To restore volume in hands
- To correct hollows under the eyes
- To improve the tone, texture and hydration of the skin
How long do they last?
Longevity does vary between products and between individuals. Typically results will last between 6 months and 18 months.
- Choose a practitioner you feel comfortable with
- Bring any questions to your appointment
- Tell us your medical history and bring any medications you take in with you
- Take your time in deciding when to have treatment